Memory Care in Atlantic Beach, Florida
SAFE, SUPPORTIVE CARE IN AN ENGAGING ENVIRONMENT.
If someone you love has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia, you may have many questions. What is Alzheimer’s disease? What is dementia? What are the stages of the disease? How can I provide appropriate care?
Nancy House, Fleet Landing’s center for memory care in Atlantic Beach, FL, is here to help. While it is a part of our continuing care retirement community, Nancy House also accepts new Residents through direct admission.
At the core of our Memory Care services is a belief in the importance of the individual. Our caring, dedicated team encourages choices, recognizes individual preferences, and works to create an environment in which each Resident can choose how they want to live on any given day. Nancy House offers a distinctive, homelike setting with private apartment suites, central family-style dining, and family rooms. Dedicated life-enrichment spaces are used for engaging programs designed to optimize the abilities of those living with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia. Residents have easy access to the outdoors in our secure courtyards and enjoy the beneficial qualities of music and pet therapy.
For more information about Memory Support and Nancy House at Fleet Landing, call (904) 748-2252 today to speak with a representative and schedule a personal visit.
The Nancy House Neighborhood at Fleet Landing is accredited by Comfort Matters, a nationally and internationally recognized dementia care program.
The Nancy House team was recognized for meeting — and in many cases exceeding — Comfort Matters standards, making it the first Comfort Matters-accredited Memory Care neighborhood in Florida and one of less than 40 in the nation.
NANCY HOUSE SERVICES & AMENITIES
- 24-hour nursing supervision
- Assistance with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing and grooming to help Residents look and feel their best each day
- Baptist Primary Care Clinic and medical director on-site
- Tasty, chef-prepared meals and snacks to promote good nutrition
- Family-style dining in a homelike setting
- Inviting library and family rooms offering a comfortable setting for leisure pursuits
- Beautiful, secure courtyards for easy access to enjoy the outdoors
- Specialized activity program to promote overall well-being
- Outpatient therapy services
- Complimentary medical shuttle
- Life enrichment programming to foster engagement
- Emergency call system for an added layer of safety and security
- Modern, private bathrooms with safety features
- Housekeeping services including personal laundry
- Individually controlled heating and cooling
- Standard cable TV, telephone, Wi-Fi and utilities included
- Kitchenette featuring a refrigerator and sink
According to the National Institute on Aging (NIA), dementia refers to the loss of cognitive functions (thinking, reasoning, the ability to remember) that are severe enough to interfere with a person’s daily functioning. While dementia is not a disease, it may accompany certain diseases or conditions, the most common of which is Alzheimer’s.
Every aspect of memory care — from staffing to dining and programs — is designed around the unique needs of people experiencing memory loss. Specially trained professionals work hand-in-hand with each individual and his or her family members to create structure as well as familiar schedules and surroundings, all in a secure environment that promotes a sense of purpose and accomplishment.
Yes. Our team members at the Nancy House are specially trained to care for people experiencing Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia and uphold the Comfort Matters standards for which we are accredited. These special caregivers also have a compassionate nature and a passion for providing dignified, respectful memory care to individuals and their families.
Family and friends are welcome to visit. Ask about visitation policies when you tour our community.